Published: 23 January 2024
If you see any damage to our equipment, please stay back, don’t touch it and instead report it to us directly by calling 105, or via our Power Track website, and our engineers will investigate as soon as possible.
Useful information for all residents:
- Saving the emergency power cut number - '105' - to your phone to report any loss of supply or damage to the electricity network
- Visiting our Power Track Website to give you details of power cuts and restoration times. You can also report power cuts and network damage through Power Track.
- Visiting the "Preparing for a power cut" section on our website, where there is a wealth of advice and information, or to chat live to one of our advisors via the Webchat service
Customers are also eligible for our Priority Services Register (PSR) if they:
· Are deaf or hard of hearing
· Have a disability
· Live with children under five
· Are blind or partially-sighted
· Have a chronic illness
· Use medical equipment/aids reliant on electricity
· Are over 60.
To find out more about the PSR, click here or call 0800 294 3259.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at email@example.com